22nd Annual Conference
PhD & Professional Doctorate Consortium
Monday 3rd April, Oxford, UK
Chairs: Dr Robert Campbell and Dr Diana Limburg
Keynote: Dr Jimmy Huang, Reader in Information Systems at the University of Warwick
The Consortium is intended for researchers undertaking a PhD or Professional Doctorate in keeping with the main themes of the conference. Researchers may present work at any stage. The consortium aims to provide:
· An opportunity for small group, in-depth discussions which focus on participants’ research issues, around both the object and method of the research;
· Understanding of work in progress by other researchers active at PhD level in other universities;
· Identification of other research related to the participant's interests.
We invite PhD and professional doctorate students to submit a 500-1,000 word abstract summarising the aims, methods and relevancy of the research topic by Wednesday 1st March 2017 to UKAIS2017@gmail.com with the subject heading ‘UKAIS PhD Consortium’.
Session facilitators include leading IS academics from the UK and UKAIS Board members.
Preliminary Consortium Programme:
· Keynote speaker
· 4-5 Student presentations per group of 15 minutes each and discussion of 45 minutes for each presentation. Please note that you are required to actively participate for the full day.
· The cost of the PhD consortium, including evening dinner and student accommodation on the 3rd of April, will be £200. Group discounts are available. Full booking details will be posted on the UKAIS 2017 Conference website.
· You are encouraged to attend the full UKAIS conference – a discount is available.
Important Dates for your diary:
Submission Date for abstract: Midnight GMT – Wednesday 1st March 2017
PhD & Professional Doctorates Consortium: Monday 3rd of April 2017Further information including the programme will soon be available on the UKAIS 2017 conference web pages.